Judge Bola A. Ajibola - (SAN, KBE, D LITT, LLD, FCI.Arb, FNIALS, CFR)
- Owu Baptist Day School, Ago-Owu, Abeokuta, Nigeria (1942-1949)
- Baptist Boys’ High School, Oke Egunya, Abeokuta, Nigeria (1950-1955)
- Holborn College of Law, University of London (1959-1962)
- Council of Legal Education –Inns of Court London (1959-1962)
- Honourable Barrister-At-Law of Lincoln’s Inn, London (Called to Bar On 27 November 1962)
- President Judge of the World Bank Admistrative Tribunal (Washington D.C and London) 1994-2005.
- Arbitrator/Commissioner for the Boundary Dispute between Ethopia and Eritrea (EEBC)
- Chairman of the Nigerian Delegation, Cameroon/Nigeria Mixed Commission, set up to resolve the boundary dispute between the two countries after the International Court of Justice Judgement of 10 October 2002.
- Judge of the International Court of justice, the Hague, 5 December 1991 to February 1994, appointed Judge ad hoc in the case concerning the Land and Maritime boundary between Cameroon and Nigeria (Cameroon v.Nigeria) 12 April 1994 - 10 October 2002
- Nigeria High Commissioner to the United Kingdom; 10 November 1995 – 8 March 2002
- Judge of the Constitutional Court of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Sarajevo) 1994 – 2001
- Member of the Panel of Commissioners of United Nations Compensation Commission set up to review the claim submitted by against the government of Iraq as a result of the Gulf war (Geneva) – 1994 – 2000
- Member, Permanent Court of Arbitration, The Hague, Netherlands
- Member of the Governing Board of International Maritime Law Institute of the International Maritime Organisation (Malta)
- President of the World Association of the Judges or the World Jurist Association (Washington D.C)
- Arbitrator: Court of Arbitration for Sports: CAS Ad hoc Division for the commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur, 1998: Ad Hoc Division for the Sydney2000 Olympic Games.
- President, Pan African Council of London Court of International Arbitration (1994 – 1999)
- Member, International Court of Arbitration of ICC, Paris (1986 – 1999)
- Vice – Chairman; the Commission on International Arbitration ICC, Paris.
- Member; International Maritime Arbitration Commission, Paris.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Permanent court of Arbitration (The Hague, Netherlands)
- Member of Board of Directors of the International Development law Institute (Rome)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitration (London) Member of the Editorial Advisory Board, University of Buckingham (England)
- Honourable Bencher of the Lincoln’s Inn
- Honorary Vice-President, Association of the Arbitrators (Southern Africa)
- Member of International Centre for Settlement of Investment Dispute from 1999.
POSTS IN LEGAL PROFESSION AND OTHERS IN NIGERIA:
- Honorable Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Federal Republic of Nigeria, 12 September 1985 – 4 December 1991
- President, Nigerian Bar Association, 1984-1985
- President, Association of Arbitration of Nigeria, 1974-1999
- Vice-chairman, Body of benchers, 1989-1990
- Chairman, Body Benchers 1990-1991
- Life Benchers from 1991
- Chairman, Disciplinary Committee of the Bar, 1985-1991
- Chairman, General Council of the Bar, 1985-1991
- Chairman, Body of Senior Advocates of Nigeria, 1985-1991
- Chairman, advisory Committee of the Prerogative of Mercy (1985-1991)
- Chairman of the Task Force for the Revision of the law of the federation, 1990
- Member, Nigeria Police Council 1989-1991
- Member, Advisory Judicial Committee, 1985-1991
- Fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Advance Legal Studies.
- Chairman of the Human Right Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association, 1980-1984
- Member of the Privileges Committee of Bar responsible for selection of Senior Advocates of Nigeria (equivalent to Queen’s Counsel in England ) 1985-1991.
- Chairman of the commission of Inquiry into the Jos North Local Government Area Crisis of 28 November 2008.
Professor I. Gbajabiamila - BSc (Hons)(Lond.), PhD (Lond), MILT (Lond.), C.Biol, M.I.Biol, FLS (UK)
Professor Ibraheem Gbajabiamila was born in Lagos State. He received his Primary and Secondary Education in London. He proceeded to the University of London in 1976 where he obtained his first degree in Microbiology. He remained at the University as a research student.
He obtained his PhD in Virology in 1984. He remained at the University as a Research Fellow before obtaining his first appointment within the University of London. He remained there for over twenty years.
Professor Gbajabiamila was Visiting Professor in 2010/11 and appointed Deputy Vice Chancellor and Professor of Virology at Crescent University, Abeokuta.
Professor Gbajabiamila has served as a member of a number of International and community organisations. He remains an advocate for social justice and equity.
- BSc (Hons.) Microbiology, University of London, 1980.
- PhD (Virology), University of London, 1984
- Member Institute of Learning & Teaching, (MILT) (UK).
- Member of the Forensic Science Society
- Member Institute of Biology (M.I.Biol
- Chartered Biologist (C.Biol)
- Fellow of the Linnaean society (FLS)
Barrister Z. A. Ajibola was born in Lagos state, received his primary and secondary education both in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. He is a graduate in Law from the University of Buckingham and attended the Nigerian Law School and became a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme court of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 1992. He also attended the IMLI Institute in Malta in 1995 and obtained a masters degree. He qualified a a solicitor of England and Wales in 2000. He has worked as a barrister and solicitor in Nigeria and the United Kingdom in public and private law extensively before joining university administration.
Membership of professional bodies have included:
- International Bar Association
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Law society of England and Wales
- Associate Member of the London chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Association of University Administrators(UK)
Mr. J. A. Bankole - B.Sc (Nsukka), M.B.A. (Ibadan), FCA, AMNIM, ACTI.
Alhaji Jimoh Bankole was born in Ado-Odo/Otta Local Government Area of Ogun State. His parents were Mr. Yusuf Agabi Bankole and Madam Taliat Abdul Raheem (both of blessed memory).
His early life was quite challenging. His father, a prominent cocoa farmer liked him so much that he would prefer to have him by his side to help calculate purchases and sales than send him to school. By sheer luck, he attended secondary school on the insistence of a tenant to the father. This man – Mr Elegbede (Brother to Madam Bisilola Edionsere - Cash Madam) impressed it on Pa Yusuf to send young Bankole to school and that he would sponsor the boy’s education if Pa Yusuf would not sponsor him. This was the catalyst that propelled Pa Yusuf to agree to send Jimoh to secondary school.
After his WAEC in 1976, young Jimoh worked as a Classroom teacher to gather his own resources and proceeded to Ansar-Ud-Deen Teacher Taining College, Otta in 1977. After A brief teaching experience, he was admitted to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 1980, where he read Accountancy. Pa Yusuf however died when young Jimoh was barely 21days old in the University. Through thick and thin, he graduated with a Second Class Upper degree in1984. He served his NYSC at the then University of Ife, Ile-Ife and immediately after started work as an Internal Auditor II in the University.
He transferred his service to university of Ibadan in August 1989. He also obtained his Master’s in Business Administration from the University of Ibadan in 1996. He rose through the ranks from Senior Accountant to become the University Bursar on 9th of September, 1999. He served the University for two terms and left office on 8th of September 2009.
As of today, Alhaji Jimoh Ayinla Bankole belongs to these professional bodies among others:
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
- Full Member, Nigerian Institute of Management
- Member, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
- Student Member, Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria
ACADEMIC DEGREE AND DATE
- Bachelor of Library Science (BLS) (Second Class Upper Division) – 1983
- Graduate Certificate of Education – 1983
- Master of Library Science (MLS) – 1991
- Doctor of Philosophy – 2008
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATE
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan – 1973 – 1974
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – 1980 – 1983
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – 1986 – 1991
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan – 2003 – 2008
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Member, Nigerian Library Association (General Secretary, Nigerian Library Association, Ogun State Chapter 1996-2002)
- Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta